Tuesday 18 January 2011

Man Flu

Awwww, sh*t, here goes!
Man Flu, the undefined expression for all male illnesses, from not feeling well via hangover to terminal ill.... Fact is that the female threshold is much higher, hence the male suffers accordingly!

Luckily enough, I just want to be left alone when sick or ill as I can't stand the pampering, being asked every few minutes if I need anything - just bloody leave me alone and let me die in peace and quiet!

However, I live with my partner and we also have a room mate, both are ill at the moment and neither of them seems to be phased that I am running errands for them, make chicken soup from scratch, fill their water or juice glasses and look after them!

Don't get me wrong, I will certainly not overdue it, I will leave them alone, but I have this mother hen instinct which makes me wanting to reassure them - well, and myself!

But somehow, up to a certain point I feel it's been taken for granted and that I do not like a bit! They both do say thank you though but I just don't get that feeling that what I do is really appreciated.

I left my partner to sleep it off, let him have all the rest he needs, topped up his drinks, had lemsip ready on the go, got him even antibiotics. The fever is down, he feels better, and guess what? I have vanished into the background of partner ship life once again, as soon as monsieur feels better I am kind of tossed aside...., he prefers the company of his lap top over mine! Jealous? Yes, a bit. A "thank-you-for-what-you-have-done" or "thank-you-for-all-you-do" or sometimes a little whispered "i-love-you" would do fine......
But his blog, FB, and various other sites and connections are always more important. Luckily, I have a big heart and love him very much.

One wants to be appreciated!

They are all in the house now, sneezing, coughing, retching, so I better go and make dinner..... a "mother's" tasks will never end! Wish, I could hide somewhere... But I will be missed as soon as someone wants something and I am not running and getting and bringing......

Frankly, I'm fed up! Someone, please see to my needs, give me a back rub, get me some flowers, fill up my glass once in a while.......

Le morale of la story? Enough is enough! Give me a break, boys! Get well and happy and let me have some rest too!

xxx

PS: the house mate just came home with flowers for me! That's nice!!! Eat your heart out, Lover!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Finland. Thus looking at blogs and reading is nice about other people, culture and nature. Come see the pictures Teuvo blog and tell all your friends why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag to rise higher in my blog. Merry began in 2011 years! Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! Suomi was and is on my list of countries to visit!

    ReplyDelete