Tuesday 11 January 2011

Modern Times

Can you imagine a world without a mobile phone? Or cell phone as the american people call it?


I can. It's hard to believe nowadays that there was a time without PCs, laptops, touch screens, touch this and that, let alone a personal phone in ones pocket, and look around you now: has anything else conquered the planet as quickly? 


When the vacuum cleaner was invented, who could effort it? And how amazing was it?! Does anyone give a damn about all the modern stuff we have and take for granted?!


I didn't have a mobile phone until 1996, and I still think that was early, so they had been around, following that "brick" some people had (show offs!). With the first mobiles came the annoying trip on the busses: around 15 people trying out ring tones at the same time, bing-bing here, tweet-tweet there and other repulsive noises; today we just download our favourite song and that's it!


My ringtone is the tune from "Charlie's Angels"!


Once this marvelous gadget was accessible and affordable to all there was no stopping for the industry, camera functions followed, we videoed and now we facebook and twitter like there's no tomorrow, we read books on the go and thanks to combinations we listen to music whilst we still shout into the phone....


This super gadget has taken over our lives! I do not want to miss my phone, but at least I can say with all honesty that I do not let it dictate my life! I know when to ignore it, I do not have to answer every single call, I do not miss out if I have not replied to a SMS within a second, for me it's all about how I deal with it....


Then again, I love my phone! If there would not have been iPhone, I had to invent it! It's made for me! Just like the Mac at home - and, praise to all, the iPad!


Just my kind of thing!


I still believe that the invention of the vacuum cleaner tops the invention of the mobile phone somehow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment